Thursday, September 17, 2009

My heart has melted... into a puddle

Jaeger with his golden delicious apple

One of Jabe's first assignments was to bring in an apple. He came home and told us he needed one even before the note came home from his teacher. This alone was shocking because the older two boys never told us anything regarding school/homework. He is my most organized of the 3. Anyway, I told him that the two of us would go to Meijer and pick out an apple and pick up some school snacks. So off we went... we walked hand in hand in the parking lot and then inside the store he pushed the cart all by himself and when we got to the apple section I told him all the names of the different varieties and how they would taste; sweet, tart, crisp etc. He chose a golden delicious and we proceeded through the store to pick up a few more things. Now, in my blog description I point out that these are the stories of my everyday, ordinary life but then there are those times when life becomes extraordinary filled with miracles fresh from God and this next moment was extraordinary. On the drive home, out of the blue, Jaeger said in the cutest voice " this was a great night" ... My heart melted into a puddle in that moment. It was a great night because I spent quality time with my little guy even if it was in the grocery store and through his words I understood that those are the moments that mean the most. Jabes, mommy loves you sooo very much and I had a great night too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones