Saturday, April 18, 2009

Take the time

I don't know about you but I get so caught up in perfection. I am a total perfectionist and it gets me into alot of trouble. Every now and then however, something will jump out at me and grab my attention and shake my shoulders as if to say "WAKE UP" ~ this week, my wake-up call came via written words...

Relationships are more important than a perfect house!
Relationships are more important than that to-do list!

I'm always cleaning striving for that "perfect" house ( funny mine is always a disaster, no matter how hard I try ) and I am forever a slave to that to-do list that is never ending. Yes, these things need to get done and I can't ignore responsibilities but I would be wise to realize that people and your relationships with them matter soo much more. I can stop cleaning long enough to go on that bike ride or snuggle and read those books. I can play Old Maid or connect four. I can sit on the deck with my hubby or take my grandma out to lunch. I can call that friend I've been meaning to connect with. At the end of my life it will be the precious time I spent with those I love that matters... not the clean kitchen or organized underwear drawer for pete's sake. So I guess if I'm going to be a slave to that to-do list maybe I should add as my #1 to-do... spend quality time with someone you love today!
I'm going to add that to my to-do list, how about you? Now, let's all go love on someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones