* our cute little poptart containers
Today is thankful Tuesday and today i am thankful for traditions. I'm sure we all can remember special traditions we had growing up. One of my favorite memories is getting potato soup at the Rainbow Grill with the Scholma family on Friday's. When my Aunt's are in town we still all meet up on a Monday or Friday and take up more than one booth and order our family favorite, over the phone of course! One of the traditions i started with my boys is something we coin "poptart tuesday". It all began when I felt bad that they had to be in the kid zone forever when i worked at the "Y" on tuesdays. I promised that if they were good they could have poptarts after all my classes were done. It wasn't long and members would say things like "there's those poptarts" or "where's my poptart" and soon enough tuesdays became poptart tuesday. I laugh at the fact that not only my family but also all those members know the day as "poptart tuesday". This fall when the boys went to school, they missed having those poptarts (not a everyday kind of treat at our house) so now every tuesday we pack poptarts in their lunches (in the cutest poptart holders... adorable, see pic above) and they get them only on tuesdays so that we can still have our poptart tuesday tradition. So today I am thankful for traditions and the wonderful memories we keep because of them!



No comments:
Post a Comment