Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wild Crazy Boys!

Luke, Jack and Jaeger with the neighbor boys (their best friends) all dressed in their camoflage and "hunting" all through the neighborhood. I cracked up when I looked outside and there they all were decked in head to toe "camo" I love their imaginations and their wild spirits! And below my 3 "tough" guys... one of the things I love about boys is that for all that toughness there is also that wonderful tenderness that each one of them has and the tender love they always show their mom!!



Growing up I always envisioned myself as a mom of girls. I assumed I'd have a boy in there somewhere but I was sure I'd have girls. I mean I was never the tomboy... Heather fit that role in our family. I wouldn't say I was prissy but definitely very girlie. I was never ever a risk taker, didn't really like to get dirty and really thought boy things like fish and worms were rather quite disgusting. I expected dress up boxes filled with frilly dresses... I expected little fingernails painted in glitter nail polish. I envisioned pink everything for my little princess. We would shop together, someday pick out prom dresses together and ahhhhh... someday even the wedding dress. I am a girlie kind of mom! So who could've imagined that I would be the mom of not 1 but 3 wild and crazy little boys. Boys who fall off kitchen chairs in hysterics when someone even mentions the word fart, boys all casting fishing poles with hooks at the same time in Grandpa's fishing boat, boys who not only don't mind dirt but are always covered head to toe in it and boys who wear camouflage ( see pics above ) yes "camo" not pink cinderella dresses. My boys have alot to teach their mom like how to pop wheelie's and how to put a worm on a hook and how to make "farting sounds" with my armpits or better yet maybe this mom will stay girlie and boost my boys ego's as I ooh and ahh over their wheelie's and let them feel macho when I need them to put the worm on the hook for me and simply just laugh at my silly boys when crazy sounds come from armpits. All this being said ...who could've imagined the joy of boys and how crazy blessed I feel to be the mom of 3 wild but wonderful boys!

Gold and Silver, I have none...
but worth a million are my sons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones