This blog will tell the stories of my everyday, ordinary life... from crazy hectic mornings to piles of dirty laundry to making yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich... but then there are those moments when my life becomes extraordinary... filled with simple pleasures, magical moments and miracles fresh from God!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
1 * 2 ...Tie my shoe
There are just some things that as a parent you need to teach your children and quite honestly you do not enjoy the process because it can be extremely frustrating. The top two for me are potty training and teaching them to tie their shoes. Of course it does not help that I have very little patience..." just shoot me now" is the thought that comes to mind. Yesterday was one of those days... Jaeger has been struggling lately with being the youngest from being the first out in dodgeball, to being the youngest in the neighborhood and then of course that he could not tie his shoes. He has been crying a lot about these types of things lately and yesterday he had a complete meltdown because he couldn't tie those darn shoes! Now remember, I have very little patience and really like immediate gratification and following in my footsteps is my Jaeger Jay. We practiced tying, he and I, but Jabes really doesn't like being shown how to do something he just wants to know how on his own... he wants to know how to do it without mom's help and he wants to know how to do it NOW! This became very frustrating and at one point I gave up because he was frustrated ( ummm let me rephrase that... he was pissed ) so I left him to his own devices and I kid you not he was flipping out in the kitchen, in hysterics because he could not tie his shoe. Again, shoot me now!! Well, by some small miracle he regained his composure today and actually allowed me to show him one more time and hallelujah Jesus he figured it out and has been tying his own shoes all afternoon! I will be praising Jesus all night that this did not become a drawn out affair... I would not be able to handle meltdowns like yesterday everyday that is for sure. So for the record I now have 3 boys potty-trained and 3 boys who can tie their very own shoes! I should have a party!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment