It was cold and dark and dreary all day... it poured... for hours... another dark day... but then beauty cut through the darkness to brighten my day. I caught my breath and then ran to grab my camera... because yes, there is beauty in everyday!

Living in the older part of Grandville comes with the perk of really large old trees that show off brilliant color come fall. It is one of the reasons i love fall and i never tire or cease to be amazed at the beauty that unfolds each and every year. Orange and yellows and Reds... beautiful!


bright yellow with a touch of lime green and it is just begining to blush with a little pink...

You can't really tell but it was pouring when I took this picture. This was the view that stopped me in my tracks. I was about to go run errands when the brilliant colors made me catch my breath and then run for the camera. It was so dark and the rain was coming down in buckets but yet the colors still pierced through that darkness. I cannot even imagine how beautiful it would've been had the sun been shining. I'm so glad it stopped me in my tracks. I'm glad i took a moment to take it all in, to take notice of the beauty God created. What an awesome God we serve!

I love this shot too... nothing special but the boys were cooped up all day and they had had enough... so there they were playing football in the pouring rain in the middle of the street (to avoid the mud and wet leaves). Jack as always in basketball shorts (it was maybe 50 degrees) and his Michigan stocking hat and crocs and barefeet... crazy boy. To me this is a classic shot... one i will always love!

crazy cropping I did on this one but I could not believe how "burning red" our burning bush was.
This shot was taken looking out my back slider. Love the contrast between the bright red, the evergreen and the brilliant yellow!

And finally... my Jaeger jay, out raking leaves in pants that are waaay too short in the pouring rain... such a worker this little guy is... love that about him!
No comments:
Post a Comment