

Jaeger got his first bee sting yesterday. I heard his screams from inside the house and my heart stopped or raced or both. I soon realized he had been stung. We came inside and I put a baking soda paste on it ( I wasn't sure if I was supposed to use paste or soda but I used soda ) He cried for quite some time and I wished with all my heart that I could take the sting from him and take on the pain myself. I find myself feeling that way alot as a mom... wanting to take the "sting" out of a situation. Earlier that morning Jaeger was feeling really sad because all his friends were in the other sunday school class and he wanted to be with them. Our hearts melted, we felt bad, wished we could change the situation for him. We cannot always make things better or make pain go away but we can be there to love on them and hug and kiss them and simply hope that the love we give can somehow lessen the "sting"!
Oh, Shel, I so know what you mean. Us, moms, would do anything for our little ones. Hopefully they grow up knowing that and someday they return the favor to us!
ReplyDelete