This blog will tell the stories of my everyday, ordinary life... from crazy hectic mornings to piles of dirty laundry to making yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich... but then there are those moments when my life becomes extraordinary... filled with simple pleasures, magical moments and miracles fresh from God!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Laugh out loud funny
Today was a great day... I have awesome friends at work that spoil me rotten, almost every single week. Today, Mary brought me chocolate chip cookies and Peter brought me OJ. He even got me my favorite kind with no pulp... love when your friends know you well. I also love laugh out loud days and today was that kind of day. Let me explain... I work with older men and women, mainly women 70 and older and one thing i've come to realize is that life is still fun no matter how old you get. Today these women had me in stitches. You see, on Tuesday one of my gals forgot her bathing suit so the other ladies teasingly told her just to go in her bra and underwear... and ummm, she did. I laughed just picturing this in my mind but then began laughing hysterically as the ladies went on to tell me that she then went to coffee bra-less under her t-shirt and the gals were telling me that they were so envious because she was still so "perky." The ladies told me in amazement "they just stayed there, nice and perky, no sagging" as they all went on to tell me how much they sag and how much gravity has taken it's toll. I guess they sang the song " do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro" but instead they inserted the word 'boobs'. Oh my gosh I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe. To hear these women all joking about perky boobs was the highlight of my day... I really do have one of the best jobs in the world... funny, funny ladies who always keep me guessing and friends who bring yumminess to my world every single Thursday. Laugh out loud funny, the best kind of day to have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment