So I linked to Boomama's site from Rachel's blog. I just have to stop here and say that that woman is hilarious. I laugh out loud all the time when reading her posts, anyhow she had a post about certain brands that she had to have name-brand of, no generics on certain items. Well, that got me thinking because for the most part I do buy generic or store brand to keep in my grocery budget but come to think of it there are a few items where I am a brand-name snob. I have to have the following brand-name items (my top 5):
1. Diet Coke ( no off brand diet cola's will work for me)
2. Tropicana OJ ( the only kind I buy... not from concentrate)
3. Cottonelle toilet paper ( my entire family agrees... our cheeks like cottonelle )
4. Tampax tampons ( I refuse to buy anything but tampax, no matter the cost )
5. Oreo's ( I mean seriously the off brand will never compare )
So there's my top 5... what's yours?



That is funny...I'm totally opposite! We buy Meijer Encore cola all the time, I refuse to spend big money on toilet paper, I'm not too picky when it comes to OJ, but I don't buy it to often, I'm a Kotex type of a gal, not tampax, and I always buy off brand Oreo's, unless Oreo's are on sale and I have a coupon....BUT, those don't compare, Oreo's will always hold better in a taste test!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it... I am actually almost the exact same. Have to have REAL coca-cola. Tropicana is by far my favorite however I will drink that simply orange juice when its on sale. Have to have real OREOS too. Not a fan of the other kind. :) I am not sure what my other two top things would be. I am not as picky about toilet paper it just has to be a good brand...no off brand crunchy stuff :)
ReplyDelete