Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dinner Delight

Stuffed inside this jar are 97 or 98 questions on strips of cardstock decked out in ribbon... dinner conversation starters... fun questions to ask the boys while enjoying dinner around the table as a family. I intend to pull out 1 question per night or maybe one per week and am excited to hear how the boys respond to each one. The questions are fun, some are thought provoking, they will prove to sometimes be a teachable moment. Hopefully as the boys get older and we do this, we will have great conversations and we will learn more about the inner lives and hearts of Luke, Jack and Jaeger. Hopefully it will move us beyond the pat answers boys often give like yup- nope - i don't know - yeah - ok - etc. I saw a box set of questions at Hallmark and thought it was a cool idea but was too cheap to spend $20 and knew I could do it up much cuter! I found all my questions online and typed them on my computer, printed them on cardstock in bright colors and added the fun, bright ribbons. I got the jar at Meijer for $4.99. I'm of course biased but i think it turned out absolutely adorable. Let me know if you want a jar of your own... I saved my questions on the computer so it would save you the work of finding questions and typing them up. I could simply print them for you. Leave me a comment if interested. Now the only dilemma is actually getting dinner on the table!

OK... these ribbons and all their bright colors just make me HAPPY!

the devotional book i just purchased to do with the boys...
Isn't the cover of this book just the cutest stinkin thing?

4 comments:

  1. I SO want one...even though I dont have kid...I will put it away for when I do :)I will totally help you make it. I just think it is adorable. And I totally agree that the colors ROCK!!! Way Happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Shel....I know you are so busy right now, but what if I help you get some dinners in the freezer, will you make me one???? I love it, but know I will never get around to making one. Well, maybe in about 18 years when my kids are GONE!

    Ha ha, totally cute, totally creative, totally YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so I agree with Ash that I love this idea and although I don't have kids right now I'd love the questions to save for later! Would you mind sending me the document when you have a chance? No hurray (: (kari.vandyke@gmail.com) I only hope I can pick out some cute happy ribbon like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, shelly...you are TOO CUTE & CREATIVE!!!! i just got caught up on my "blog readin'"...i read yours and laugh & cry....i am so doing one of these jars! can you send me the questions? (rvruggink@sbcglobal.net) THANKS ;) also, love the pee-in-the-toilet-phenomenon...i just told the boys they "might" have to start SITTING DOWN LIKE GIRLS DO...this must be why some guy invented the urinal!!

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones