This blog will tell the stories of my everyday, ordinary life... from crazy hectic mornings to piles of dirty laundry to making yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich... but then there are those moments when my life becomes extraordinary... filled with simple pleasures, magical moments and miracles fresh from God!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Thankful Tuesday
Well today is thankful Tuesday and I am trying to have a heart of gratitude when I'm feeling rather grumpy and overwhelmed. I think I hate May! September and May suck, teachers pile on way too much and sports seem to overtake our life. This week Luke had a math home link, is behind on learning his multiplication facts, has a book report, Bible memory, is news reporter for the week which requires finding an article and being able to give the who, what, where and why and was responsible for estimation station ( bringing in something the class can estimate ), add spelling and soccer practice tonight. I taught 3 classes at the "YMCA" today, had a dentist appointment and have no idea what is for supper (most likely something not that nutritious which will leave me feeling guilty and questioning why I can't be Supermom.) My house is a disaster and reeks of rotten milk because Jaeger spilled an entire bowl of cereal last week, so that means somewhere in the midst of the chaos today we will also be steam cleaning the carpet. All that is listed does not include the homework and the sports schedule of my youngest two. Oh and because I can handle anything (sarcasm) Jaeger is also special person next week and needs to fill out 8 papers and come in with 800 or so pictures of himself. All of this quite frankly depresses me and I'm ready to scream "Calgon, take me away!" But of course reality sets in and Calgon is not going to do me one bit o' good. Does anyone even buy Calgon? All this being said, I really do want to live a life full of gratitude and think it is important to stop and consider what I am thankful for each day. Well today I am thankful that June is just around the corner and Summer vacation is coming... Praise the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment