It is the most beautiful night. Blue sky and cool breezes. I decided I needed a slow walk and Luke and Jaeger tagged along. I took Jaeger's hand early in the walk and he held my hand almost the entire way. My heart swelled and life was beautiful. We did a small loop and at one point I explained we would go to the end of the street and loop around past Zach's (Jaeger's best friend.) At that point and very abruptly Jaeger let go of my hand but said nothing. But we moms know and I knew that was his need to feel or look tough not tender and sweet holding his moms hand. After we had passed Zach's house and were far enough away I took his hand again and he once again held my hand. I told him I liked holding his hand and it made his mama feel loved. He smiled.



No comments:
Post a Comment